Robot Not a Dev? Buy Now
Not a Dev?

Misty Community Forum

What's on the top of your robot wishlist?

After reading the article add your ideas to the Misty Wishlist

2 Likes

Personally, I fall into the category of “hand over almost all chores to the robots.” Chores which are more about maintenance than creation drive me nuts, like washing dishes, putting them away, washing clothes, cleaning the bathroom etc. I’ve never had a maid though, so not sure how the adjustment would be :stuck_out_tongue:.

More ideas for the ‘dull and dangerous’:

• Cleaning the gutters
  • Watering plants (maybe tending in more ways: dusting, adding fertilizer, assessing health).
  • Shoveling snow
  • Cleaning snow/Ice off my car in winter

More Far-Reaching:

• Plumbing Repairs
  • Car maintenance

In the article the more interesting list was that of tasks respondents specifically did not want to relinquish to robots. The common thread in these responses seems to be trust, and several make sense from that angle, like changing your child’s diaper or driving the kids to school. Others were a bit surprising like making the bed, and folding clothes. I wonder what the reasoning was? Perhaps these are areas where people are more picky, and they do not believe a robot could do it just how they like it?

One task I would not want robots to take over is cooking, not because of any trust issues, but because I enjoy it.

1 Like