Home Community Blog Buy Now
Blog

Misty Community Forum

Update Failed Step(s) 106 Contact Support

I received an interesting message, “Update Failed Step(s) 106 Contact Support” when my Misty II last tried to update. I’ve reset the robot several times but it doesn’t seem to help and I can’t find any further information on this error.

Google Photos

Is there a procedure available to remedy this?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi @michaelrod,

Step 106 is associated with updates to the sensory services app on Misty’s Android device. When you connect Misty to the Command Center, what numbers do you see for the Robot Version and Sensory Services Version?

If the number for your Sensory Services Version is not 1.16.1, try checking the box next to Sensory Services under Targeted Updates and click Perform Targeted Updates.

If the targeted update fails, could you:

1. Download your robot’s log files
  2. Copy your robot’s serial number from the sticker on the bottom of your robot (should look like SN: XXXXXXXX)
  3. Send both items (log files and serial number) in an email to support@mistyrobotics.com.

I’m sorry you’re having this issue. Let us know how the targeted update goes, and I’ll keep an eye on our support inbox so we can get this resolved as quickly as possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, @johnathan. Via the Command Center, I can see that our Misty is running:

Robot Version: 1.16.1.10505
Sensory Services Version: 1.13.0

Since the Sensory Services Version is below 1.16.1, I followed your suggestion and performed a targeted upgrade for Sensory Services. I noticed visual feedback as well on Misty’s visor of the targeted upgrade. After a few minutes, I saw the same 106 error on the visor.

I’ll be sending a diagnostic from the Command Center and the robot’s serial number very shortly by email to support@mistyrobotics.com. Thanks for your help thus far.

Thanks @michaelrod, we got your email. If it’s alright with you, we’ll continue this thread via email. I’ll send some instructions your way shortly.

1 Like