NOTE Their changes were done by small pre-defined areas that air is blown into.
electrical with materials can change hardness, color, and ‘muscle’ like movement
for hairs standing on end. And in theory wave form based on power.
For their air based material it could be coordinated to do rolling wave of shapes.
With Biology things are always systems based, not one reaction but the
combination of changes/expression etc makes the realistic and interpretted
understandings. A ‘smile’ is not just the mouth shape, it is the ‘tension/relax’,
it is the eyes, eye lids, and other body movements, voice inflection, etc.
(and beyond that pheromone release, scent, etc.)
NOTE: This is dream level, no expectations this week
The ‘tactile’ I can think of off hand would be things like (in combination with
- Localized Temperature (cool/cold to warm) - not really tactile but related
- perhaps combined with color changing (think blushing)
- combined with shiver
- Shifted movement of shapes:
- like a shiver/vibration that is lighter than a motor and more directional.
- hair follicles style - like relaxed versus standing hair as seen in animals
- Braille - for the blind.
- I think with similar area color changing could be a option… current
- Firmness of skin
- Bubble hands like Hero Big Hero 6 (film) - Wikipedia
- Think of the Mars Lander (for protection also), but larger capacity
for the ‘blow up’. https://youtu.be/kSbAUtyO7xo?t=56
- The already mentioned cat’s hair standing, and rhythm/vibration, fear/anger blowfish