Home Community Blog Buy Now
Blog

Misty Community Forum

.net debugging - The application appears to already be running. Close the application, and start debugging again

I’ve fought with this for about 3 days; trying to debug Misty with Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise.
I essentially get a deploy, then the debugger ends (like the program was finished). I updated the Android update and get a bit further. I now get the error message “The application appears to already be running. Close the application, and start debugging again.” I look at the WDP and don’t see any other applications deployed.
Anyone conquered this issue?

I’m not sure if this is still the case or if it matches your issue, but see the second bullet here:

https://docs.mistyrobotics.com/misty-ii/dotnet-sdk/getting-started/#important-notes-amp-workarounds

The first time you deploy a skill, it may fail to attach for debugging after deployment, and you may see a message in Visual Studio that indicates the skill is already running. If this happens and you want to walk through the debugger with your skill, you can generally just deploy the skill again, and it should attach for debugging the second time. If you don’t care about walking through the debugger, you don’t need to re-deploy before you run the skill. You can ignore this message from Visual Studio and start your skill from the Skill Runner web page…

1 Like

Another thing to check is your Debug settings. Right-click on on the background task/skill you are trying to deploy, and select Properties.

On the Debug tab in the Properties page, make sure the Checkbox for “Uninstall and re-install my package…” is NOT checked if you want to attach the debugger.

2 Likes

That was the secret. Thanks!

1 Like