My Misty arrived box was in good shape.
Removed bubble wrap, small box (power connector/USB-C)
Lifted Misty out of the box and removed remaining bubble wrap (it was well wrapped).
I plugged it in, and turned it on. Purple-ish light in front and red lights internally started
up. I could not get the side board to startup.
Upon further inspection I noticed the ribbon cable was not connected to the loose
board in the head that looks to have the ribbon cable connector. I think I need to remove the
head supports to plug that ribbon cable into the board with the connector and see if there
is a good way to make the board more ‘fixed in place’.
I thought I would as before doing this.
If I have the battery plugged in when I power up:
1. Head goes up
2. Buzz of the motor continues
3. And it still does not turn the ‘side-board’ u820 carrier board. But when I press the On/Off on the board I see a single Green blink of the DS3 light
Do you have suggestions on:
1. What you would like me to do for the Ribbon cable (take off the head support)
- just go for it or use a toothless pliers to insert may work
2. Why the development board is not powering up and if the continual ‘hum’ is normal
- my guess is it is just powering the motor to keep the head upright. Versus a worm gear
or a screw type would not require constant power.