My Misty II arrived, I properly took out of the box (tisk…tisk… Ian ). It worked immediately. I am guessing no voice commands default, I used the phone app Misty Companion, to connect to WiFi and drive around.
1. Came safe and in great working order.
2. I loved the case! Nice add-on and keeps it safe to show to others.
3. I like the idea of the wireless charger (I just need to figure out my problem
to see if it is related). But I am also wondering if it is ‘bleeding power’ somewhere.
4. The look is still great.
5. Nice voicing on the command-center… close to words but the non-word makes it more ‘cute’ somehow (R2D2 vs C3PO)
6. Driving seemed pretty smooth, there were some delayed responses at times.
7. Head and arm movements worked and stayed for me.
8. Did some drive and mapping, but have not looked at the mapping yet.
9. The Upgrade seemed to go fine.
Brief summary of issues:
- Minor: the Android phone app Misty Companion
* Battery always shows empty: --.-%
- Center of balance/clearance is still a bit of a issue.
- Battery did not seem to charge very well. (0.3 - 0.8 from web but loses power even while idle on charger).
My Misty II arrived and it worked for about 10 minutes. It flipped on its back going into the kitchen (perhaps a 1 inch rise, but it had a carpet over it so it was smoother). I picked it up and kit did keep going and then it ran out of power (I was assuming) and just shut off.
(all references to charger are the wireless)
I did disconnect, powered off/on Misty then plugged in the wireless charger. On the web (sdk/Command-center) it got up to 0.44 and today up to 0.5, but just sitting on the charger it lowered to 0.4 while sitting on the charger (not moving but powered on). Overnight powered off, it got up to 0.8. (I am assuming that is 80%). Also with power on, I did try putting the head and arms down, and did the shutdown all motors but still only got to 0.4.
This afternoon after a little use, and while it was sitting on the charger it just powered off.
I have to figure out the new ssh login/password (I did not find that yet, and I will get adb setup and use that again).