The Getting Started guide says one can move the robot’s head. So, I tried inserting a Head movement using the Yaw command. I set Pitch to 3 at velocity 2 and ran my Blockly script. That worked (head tilted upward). Then, I tried to get the head to come back down. I tried the following (with results after each try):
- Set Pitch to 1 (instead of 3), expecting it to come back towards the neutral (0) spot. Ran blockly. No movement.
- Set Pitch to -2, thinking that maybe 0 was current position and that to move it lower again it had to be negative. No movement.
- Wondered if maybe roll or yaw were the right commands for down (thinking Pitch might have just been up only). No movement.
- Got rid of my other Blockly blocks (which had some driving around and such) and just used one command – this time the Yaw command. Head “twitched” - meaning the motor moved for a split second and the robot sort of jiggled.
- Used Pitch and 5 as the setting (velocity 4) and, again, robot just “twitched”.
I suspect this is another bug – that it worked the first time and then somehow the environmental settings weren’t reset so that the Pitch command would work again.
If, on the other hand, the head pitch motor isn’t supposed to work with Misty I, then we should revise the documentation.