Robot Not a Dev? Pre-order Now
Not a Dev?

Misty Community Forum

Misty doesn't play audio files that I record through the Command Center

There’s a bug in the current release that prevents Misty from playing audio files that you record using the Command Center interface back through her built-in speakers. A fix for this issue is in active development.

2 Likes

this affects anyone using the rest API to record audio. note that the files play fine on my local machine (macbook)

1 Like

Is there a work-around for this by chance, until it gets fixed? I’ve built a skill that allows a person to have a full back-and-forth conversation with Misty, but this is preventing it from really working.

Conversation Skill:

1. Misty records audio of person talking
  2. Misty sends the audio file to a Google Cloud Function (using the SendExternalRequest API), which connects to Google DialogFlow. It uses speech recognition to get the text input, uses AI to map the input to an appropriate response, and then uses TTS to send an audio file in response.
  3. Misty receives the audio, saves it and play it.

This all works if I record the initial audio on my laptop, upload it to Misty, and then proceed with Step 2.

But, I would LOVE to be able to record the audio on Misty and send it off for processing.

1 Like

Wow, That is an awesome Skill !! I am looking forward to checking out your video soon !
This bug should actually not prevent a skill from getting the data from the recorded audio file.
Try
misty.GetAudioFile("<file_name>.wav", true);
and the data should reach the default callback

function _GetAudioFile(data) 
{
    var base64 = data.Result.Base64;
}
2 Likes