Robot Not a Dev? Buy Now
Not a Dev?

Misty Community Forum

Is it possible for Misty to download a Skill (i.e., skill files from Azure server) and install and run the skill (without using Skill Runner)?

Is it possible for Misty to download a Skill (i.e., skill files from Azure server) and install and run the skill (without using Skill Runner)? using the Javascript SDK or C# SDK? I would like to upload my Skill to a server on Azure and then get Misty to automatically download the files, install them and then run the Skill.

I’ve not tested this myself, but it seems doable.

The Skill Runner web page uses the SaveSkillToRobot API to save skills to the robot. You could write a skill that sends a request to get the .zip file with your JavaScript or C# skill files from a server, and then have the robot send a SaveSkillToRobot request to itself. Note that to install C# skills with the SaveSkillToRobot operation, the .zip file should contain the app package for your C# skill.

Another option would be to handle the downloading and uploading of the skill using a web interface (like we do with Skill Runner, but with the added functionality of downloading the skill from the server, instead of having the user upload it from a local machine). Could be a fun way to prototype a “store” where Misty owners can find and download skills :slight_smile:

I will try it - thanks for the information.