Robot Not a Dev? Pre-order Now
Not a Dev?

Misty Community Forum

Hi from Germany Robot love and Beginner

Hi I am Julia from Germany I am disabled and since my Birth in wheelchair. I am in love with Robots especally Social and Companions and I am very interested in Coding and be part of that Adventure. I think Misty is Adorable. My question can I learn with Misty codeing or is it nothing for very beginning? Can mine use the coding also of other user means can we share and get things to develop our Misty together? Is here someone from Europe and know how that work with Custom office? Thank you!

Hi @BornToRoll89! Welcome to the community, glad to hear you’re interested in Misty.

Misty’s software development kit (SDK) is designed for professional developers, and we expect you’ll get the most value out of owning a robot if you have a fair amount of coding experience. It may be a bit of a challenge to use Misty as a platform to teach yourself to code, as there are several elements of building for Misty that are idiosyncratic to a robot platform. That said, if you’re up for a challenge, it could be an exciting way to get your feet wet – just know that it may be slow going, depending on your level of experience going in :slight_smile:

Currently, you can write skills and robot applications for Misty using her JavaScript and REST APIs. We’re also developing a .NET SDK that will allow you to write skills in languages like C#. If you’re interested in purchasing a Misty but don’t have programming experience, it might be good to start by learning a bit about developing for REST APIs, and to learn the basics of JavaScript. Here are a few resources that came up on a quick Google search (there are a lot of options out there for teaching yourself to code) https://www.restapitutorial.com/ (REST) https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript (JavaScript)

Absolutely – and that kind of sharing & collaboration is exactly what we’re hoping for with Misty II. There are already several skills shared here in the forums that anyone can download and install on their robot, and we’re excited to see more in the months to come.

Best of luck on your journey, and look forward to seeing you around the community, even if you decide to wait to get a Misty!

1 Like

Hope Misty comes somedays for Consumer :slight_smile: as Social/Companion Robot :slight_smile: