Robot Not a Dev? Buy Now
Not a Dev?

Misty Community Forum

Got your e-mail

So I got your “Thanks for raising your hand!” e-mail yesterday. First thing this morning, I created an account and couldn’t wait to log in and start looking over everything. I get here and there’s nothing, at least, that’s not “Locked down.” I’m so disappointed.

I’m really excited about this. Ever since my. then 8 year old, asked to build a robot, we’ve been building things with Arduino and, more recently, Lego Mindstorms. He’s now 12 and we continue tinkering. He joined the school’s First Lego League and I signed up as the only parent coach of these 7th and 8th graders. Under my guidance, we took our robotics programming to the next level with gyro guided movements and using sonic sensors for positioning. Plus will be having camps and workshops to get ready for the next season. Even with a late start, both teams went on from regionals.

Misty seems to be the next step in my “hobby.” I have to call it a hobby since I’ve never made a dime from it unless you consider a previous job that included maintaining software for a conveyor and medication picking system.

Anyway, I can’t wait to get started going through the technical info so that I can get going with Misty.

-Harry Delien

3 Likes

@hdelien thank you for sharing your passion for robotics. I am personally always excited to hear about others’ experiences with robots. We have more coming soon, and I will flag @Chris to hopefully fill you in more. Thank you for being here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @hdelien! I appreciate you reaching out, and we are working diligently to get more and more content ready for our community. I’ll be sure to notify you when we open up our documentation and example code!

In the meantime, have you seen Ian’s article on some of the specifics of Misty 1?

If you have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to reach out.

2 Likes

Hi @hdelien! I am so sorry for the initial disappointing experience. We just yesterday opened up the official documentation area of the site to everyone. If you go to docs.mistyrobotics.com now, you should be able to see more info.

Once you take a look around, we’d be super happy to hear more feedback if you have some. I’m the writer on this project, so I’m really grateful for it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience!

1 Like