Home Community Blog Buy Now
Blog

Misty Community Forum

GetAudioFile is acting funny

Hi there,

I have a funny problem with GetAudioFile. After I recorded a file called “AriaTest.wav”, I could see it from GetAudioList and played it using play audio. However, I could not use GetAudioFile to help me to download it. The error was “Could not find the audio file ‘AriaTest.wav’”. This problem neither occurred to systemAsset nor to the temporary recordings from StartKeyPhraseRecognition but only occurred with my own audio recording.

This problem may be replicated using both Command Center and API Explorer.

Would someone help me please?

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Aria

I am able to reproduce the error that you describe. I am searching for solutions now.

Many thanks. Please keep me posted.

Best regards,
Aria

I discovered that the recorded file can be downloaded after reboot.

Now I am searching for a solution that does not require reboot.

I had to shift this to a lower priority, but today I returned and made progress: it is sufficient to kill the Misty.HomeRobot.App.exe process on the internal Windows host. Doing this causes a new Misty.HomeRobot.App.exe to start, after which the new file is available for download.

How do you kill Misty.HomeRobot.App.exe from JavaScript please? A sample code please?

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Aria

I do not think it is possible to kill Misty.HomeRobot.App.exe from JS code. You have to connect via SSH from offboard and, in the resulting terminal, tlist to find the process number and then kill it.

this is clearly a bug, but Misty company might not have the bandwidth to fix it soon. I am still searching for a better temporary solution than killing a process, but killing a process is better than having to do a full reboot.

Ok. Best luck! Thanks.

Best regards,
Aria

I was having a similar problem til i did the following:

Try a Targeted Update on Sensory Service from the command center. Then reboot the robot once and run the skill…

CP helped me with this one.

This is not sufficient. To be clear and to reiterate, the error is that recording to a new file does not result in the file being available for download until after reboot.

Can someone at Misty Robotics company confirm this error? @misty-support

@aria.zhenzhenli I have observed that re-using the same file name after reboot causes the previous file to be overwritten but download still works for it. This should be enough for your skill code if you are not generating new file names during every run.

@wlaubach64 actually have you tried to save to a new file name? You can do it in the Command Center.