Home Community Blog Buy Now
Blog

Misty Community Forum

Expanding Misty's Local Audio Library

Hello All,

I’m new here so please let me know if there is a more appropriate section to category to place this in.

Anyways, I was wondering if there is a way to install/download files on to Misty and store them locally if that makes sense? For instance, add another audio file to Misty’s on-board audio file library so it can be accessed by the misty.PlayAudio() JavaScript function?

Thanks,

Have you tried to upload an audio file using the Command Center? In the “Expression” section near the top, the third column is “Audio” and has form to upload: “Choose an audio file or drag it here.”

Sorry I should have specified, I have tried that already. The thing is that doing it that way does not allow me to access the audio file using the misty.PlayAudio() function in JavaScript. I was hoping to create a localized voicebank for Misty so that she could speak to someone on the fly without the use of external tools such as Pubnub or Amazon Cloud services.

sounds like a bug. I will try to reproduce it. meanwhile, is the text-to-speech provided by misty.Speak not sufficient for your application?

I was actually unaware of that function. I don’t know how that slipped by :smile:
Does the text to speech use the same voice as the default audio files? Or is it similar to a standard text to speech voice? The team I am working with is trying to give Misty her own EVE (from the Pixar movie Wall-e) like voice for our application.

There is a similar command for the offboard “REST” API: POST /api/tts/speak, so you can try it without writing a skill and decide if it sounds right for your app. for example:

curl -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"Text": "<speak>This is a small example.</speak>"}' http://192.168.1.100/api/tts/speak

if you do not have cURL, you can convert the above command to some other language via https://curl.trillworks.com/#browser. (I did not test the above command, but it is something like that.)