We’re excited to announce the launch of Misty’s Mission program!
Missions are educational and competitive challenges designed to level up your robot coding abilities and inspire skill creation. Participating in Missions is a great way to learn about Misty, show off what you’re building, and win prizes.
Our goal is to launch two sets of new Missions each month. For now, these missions will fall under one of two categories:
- Training Missions, which provide an overview of how to use a specific robot capability or accomplish a specific task
- Missions, which provide a competitive challenge wherein you can win prizes and earn rewards by sharing skills and videos
While the specifics of each mission will vary, there are a few things to keep in mind that are unlikely to change from one mission to the next:
- Misty is just starting life in the hands of her developers. To help you make the most of your new development platform, most Training Missions will lead right into a challenge Mission that leverages your new knowledge.
- There won’t be rewards for completing most training missions; however, working through them will often make it easier to participate in the associated challenge.
- If a mission ends before you send in your submission, that doesn’t mean you can’t participate – it just means it’s too late for your submission to be eligible to win. In most cases, completing a mission after the end date will still net you a unique profile badge, so you can flash your robot development credentials around the Community! Additionally, many missions may have multiple rounds where submissions are accepted. Keep an eye out for those, but remember, you are only eligible to win a single round of any given mission.
- Sharing mission results on social media will always be appreciated. You can use #MistyMissions to get our attention.