Robot Not a Dev? Buy Now
Not a Dev?

Misty Community Forum

8.2.18 Release Notes

Welcome, Misty I Developers!

Note: This release is intended only for Misty I CAN bus robots. If you’ve been notified that your Misty I SPI robot needs to be replaced, do NOT download this update. Misty I SPI robots will not automatically take this update, but you could trigger the update through the Companion App or API Explorer. If you still have a Misty I SPI unit, please contact us for a replacement Misty I CAN bus unit.

This release contains many quality improvements for your Misty I (CAN bus) robot, as well as for the API Explorer and Blockly tools, as well. Additionally, the eagerly awaited ability to control image display duration and transparency is now available, with the revised ChangeDisplayImage (REST | JavaScript) command.

You can use either the Companion App or the API Explorer to perform an OTA (over the air) update of your Misty robot. Note that when an update to the Occipital Structure Core firmware is involved, the final step of the installation is to connect to the API Explorer and issue a Start Mapping command. This allows the firmware to be picked up by the Occipital Structure Core depth sensor.

We look forward to your feedback!

Note: If you have issues with a system upgrade or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:

• Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums.
  • Mention @support with your post.
  • Post a message in MistyCommunity Slack in the technical_support channel.

RELEASE CONTENTS

• Windows IoT Core OS: No updates - current version is 10.0.17134
  • Android OS: No updates
  • HomeRobot app: version 1.1.7.0
  • HomeRobot API: No updates
  • Motor Controller (MC) firmware: version 3.0.0.140
  • Real Time (RT) Controller firmware: version 3.0.0.140
  • Occipital Structure Core firmware: version 0.7.7
  • Sensory service app: version 1.1.283
  • Companion app
    • iOS: No updates - current version is 1.1.103
    • Android: No updates - current version is 1.1.0 (94)
  • Tools
  • Skills
    • No updates
  • Documentation (major changes listed)

New Features

• Additional control over display images provided with new parameters for the ChangeDisplayImage (REST | JavaScript) command. Image display duration and transparency are now controllable by developers.
  • The GetDeviceInformation (REST | JavaScript) command is changed to return data as an easy-to-read object, not a hard-to-read string.

Bug Fixes & Improvements

• The GetDeviceInformation command now consistently returns information for the Motor Controller board, the Real Time Controller board, head actuators, and software versions.
  • Cleaned up code to ensure time-of-fight sensor errors do not prevent other Real Time Controller code from working.
  • Addressed issue where sending multiple motor commands would cause Misty to drive more slowly than sending a single command.
  • Improved face recognition speed. TensorFlow now loads earlier, as soon as a face recognition command is sent, rather than waiting until a face is detected.
  • Fixed issue of network onboarding causing Misty to restart.
  • Real Time Controller more accurately reports state of individual time-of-flight sensors.
  • Fixed issue causing duplicate array elements to be returned with the GetListOfImages command.
  • The Populate Image List button in API Explorer now gives consistent results across users.
  • API Explorer no longer plays an audio clip immediately after it’s saved.
  • In API Explorer, the image list now updates after an image is deleted.
  • The API Explorer “Select a motion” dropdown menu now populates after a value is selected.
  • Improved the API Explorer onscreen instructions for audio upload.
  • Resolved Blockly issues with Safari.
  • Removed duplicate blocks appearing in some builds of Blockly.
  • Removed the UsePid parameter from the Drive command in Blockly.
  • Removed conflicting parameters from the Move command in Blockly.

Known Issues

• Issues with the speed/reliability of data coming from the Occipital Structure Core depth sensor’s USB connection is causing the robot to have issues with successfully obtaining pose.
  • Audio playback volume cannot be adjusted and may not be very loud.
  • The covering for the time-of-flight sensors can create false positives for close distance detection, which causes the robot to refuse to move. A workaround is to force the robot to detect a further distance by standing in front of it.
  • The battery charger will only charge the robot if it is replugged into the robot after each time that the robot is turned on.