Greetings, Misty developers!
Note: This release was rolled out on 6/03/2021
This week we have an update to the Home Robot App logs and 820 logs which greatly improves logging detail and customization. Previous limits on logging customization are now a thing of the past. You now have the ability to configure the type and verbosity of the logs you receive. In addition to this logging update, we have a number of bug fixes and improvements, outlined below.
Thanks, as always, for being an early developer for the Misty II platform. We can’t wait to see what you build!
Misty receives software upgrades as over-the-air (OTA) system updates. This update will be available within the next 24-48 hours (the precise timing varies by region).
Misty automatically checks for new updates each time she boots up. As long as her battery has enough charge, she automatically installs any updates that are available. If your robot doesn’t start to install this update the next time she boots up:
- Check that Misty is connected to power or sitting on her wireless charging station.
- Try connecting Misty to the Command Center to make sure she’s still on your Wi-Fi network.
If Misty is charging and connected to the internet, you can check whether an update is available in your region by connecting Misty to the Command Center and looking at the System Updates section.
Note: Misty reboots once during a system update. During an update, Misty ignores all commands except Halt and Stop. If Misty starts installing an update while charging, do not remove the power source until the update is finished and Misty’s eyes are fully open.
If you have issues with a system update or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums.
- Contact with the Misty support team through the chat embedded in this site, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Misty II - Updates
- Window IoT Core OS version: 10.0.17134 or higher - No updates
- Android OS: (8.1) - No updates
- Robot Version: 126.96.36.19994
- MC Version: 188.8.131.52
- RT Version: 184.108.40.206
- Sensory Services App Version: 1.25.4
- Web-based Tools - No updates.
- Misty App - No updates.
- Documentation - No updates.
- The Home Robot App logs have been updated and now capture logs from the 820 processor. Additionally, you’ll now have the ability to control your logging configuration, enabling more verbose or more succinct logging.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where updating microphone volume could corrupt a file.
- Fixed an issue whereby hazards were causing Misty to stop driving while navigating autonomously.
- General enhancements for stability and constancy of data.
- Reduced number of error codes being returned, leading to more consistent data.
- Improved event stability when using multiple skills to subscribe/unsubscribe from events.
- Improved ToF behavior to ignore erroneous readings of -1, preventing hazard warnings from being thrown in error.
The following is a list of new known issues with this release. For a comprehensive list of the issues we’re tracking, see the Known Issues section of the Community forums.
- No known issues.