2020.09.24 Release Notes
Greetings, Misty developers!
This system update adds the ability to enable adb over Wi-Fi temporarily using a USB drive and includes some quality of life improvements to the C# skill system.
Thanks, as always, for being an early developer for the Misty II platform. We can’t wait to see what you build!
Installing the Update
Misty receives software upgrades as over-the-air (OTA) system updates. This update will be available within the next 24-48 hours (the precise timing varies by region).
Misty automatically checks for new updates each time she boots up. As long as her battery has enough charge, she automatically installs any updates that are available. If your robot doesn’t start to install this update the next time she boots up:
- Check that Misty is connected to power or sitting on her wireless charging station.
- Try connecting Misty to the Command Center to make sure she’s still on your Wi-Fi network.
If Misty is charging and connected to the internet, you can check whether an update is available in your region by connecting Misty to the Command Center and looking at the System Updates section.
Note: Misty reboots once during a system update. During an update, Misty ignores all commands except Halt and Stop. If Misty starts installing an update while charging, do not remove the power source until the update is finished and Misty’s eyes are fully open.
If you have issues with a system update or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums.
- Contact the Misty support team through the chat embedded in this site, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Misty II - Updates
- Window IoT Core OS version: 10.0.17134 or higher - No updates
- Android OS: (8.1) - No updates
- Robot Version: 184.108.40.20649
- MC Version: 220.127.116.11
- RT Version: 18.104.22.168
- Sensory Services App Version: 1.19.0
- Web-based Tools - No updates.
- Misty App - No updates.
- Documentation - No updates.
- Adding the ability to temporarily enable adb over Wi-Fi if a thumb drive is inserted into Misty with a marker file at /misty/unblockwifiadb.txt
- The robot will show a 410<->820 communication error temporarily as the 820 will reboot as part of this process
- To disable adb over Wi-Fi wait for the communication error to disappear and remove the thumb drive, the 820 will be rebooted with adb over Wi-Fi disabled
- To permanently enable adb over Wi-Fi simply turn the robot off and remove the thumb drive and turn the robot back on
Bug Fixes & Improvements
C# Skill System Quality of Life
- Improve the reliability that startup skills will start on startup
- Fix an occasional issue that installed skills would not bind to the logs
- The skill logs now use the time set on the 410, making the skill logs and the robot logs timestamps be in sync with each other
The following is a list of new known issues with this release. For a comprehensive list of the issues we’re tracking, see the Known Issues section of the Community forums.
- No known issues.