2020.05.20 Release Notes
Greetings, Misty developers!
This system update moves DriveArc and DriveHeading to general availability, and corrects a known issue related to fiducial recognition.
Thanks, as always, for being an early developer for the Misty II platform. We can’t wait to see what you build!
Installing the Update
Misty receives software upgrades as over-the-air (OTA) system updates. This update will be available within the next 24-48 hours (the precise timing varies by region).
Misty automatically checks for new updates each time she boots up. As long as her battery has enough charge, she automatically installs any updates that are available. If your robot doesn’t start to install this update the next time she boots up:
- Check that Misty is connected to power or sitting on her wireless charging station.
- Try connecting Misty to the Command Center to make sure she’s still on your Wi-Fi network.
If Misty is charging and connected to the internet, you can check whether an update is available in your region by connecting Misty to the Command Center and looking at the System Updates section.
Note: Misty reboots once during a system update. During an update, Misty ignores all commands except Halt and Stop. If Misty starts installing an update while charging, do not remove the power source until the update is finished and Misty’s eyes are fully open.
If you have issues with a system update or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums.
- Contact the Misty support team through the chat embedded in this site, or by emailing email@example.com.
- Misty II - Updates
- Window IoT Core OS version: 10.0.17134 or higher - No updates
- Android OS: (8.1) - No updates
- Robot Version: 220.127.116.1130
- MC Version: 18.104.22.168
- RT Version: 22.214.171.124
- Sensory Services App Version: 1.17.3
- Web-based Tools - No updates.
- Misty App - No updates.
- Documentation - No updates.
- No updates.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Promoted DriveArc and DriveHeading commands to general availability. The net result of this is that they’re considered tested and stable, and will show up in API Explorer.
- Fixed issue where stopping tag detection while in a stopped state crashed the CV service.
The following is a list of new known issues with this release. For a comprehensive list of the issues we’re tracking, see the Known Issues section of the Community forums.
- No known issues.