Greetings, Misty developers!
This system update adds support for fiducial recognition and location, custom activation keyphrases, and native speech transcription using Sphinx.
Thanks, as always, for being an early developer for the Misty II platform. We can’t wait to see what you build!
Installing the Update
Misty receives software upgrades as over-the-air (OTA) system updates. This update will be available within the next 24-48 hours (the precise timing varies by region).
Misty automatically checks for new updates each time she boots up. As long as her battery has enough charge, she automatically installs any updates that are available. If your robot doesn’t start to install this update the next time she boots up:
- Check that Misty is connected to power or sitting on her wireless charging station.
- Try connecting Misty to the Command Center to make sure she’s still on your Wi-Fi network.
If Misty is charging and connected to the internet, you can check whether an update is available in your region by connecting Misty to the Command Center and looking at the System Updates section.
Note: Misty reboots once during a system update. During an update, Misty ignores all commands except Halt and Stop. If Misty starts installing an update while charging, do not remove the power source until the update is finished and Misty’s eyes are fully open.
If you have issues with a system update or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums.
- Contact the Misty support team through the chat embedded in this site, or by emailing email@example.com.
- Misty II - Updates
- Window IoT Core OS version: 10.0.17134 or higher - No updates
- Android OS: (8.1) - No updates
- Robot Version: 126.96.36.19924
- MC Version: 188.8.131.52
- RT Version: 184.108.40.206
- Sensory Services App Version: 1.17.2
- Web-based Tools - No updates.
- Misty App - No updates.
- Documentation - Updated API reference documentation for fiducial recognition and speech transcription.
- Added fiducial recognition and location using standard AR tags. Use the new StartTagRecognition and StopTagRecognition methods to identify and locate AR tags in the environment.
- Added the ability to deploy custom activation keyphrases. To change the activation keyphrase an audio service configuration file is created and deployed to the robot via ADB.
- Added the ability to recognize constrained speech through JGSF grammars. To recognize speech, create and deploy grammar files through ADB to the robot, then request that grammar through the CaptureSpeech or StartSpeechDetection commands.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Added MAC address to DeviceInfo response
The following is a list of new known issues with this release. For a comprehensive list of the issues we’re tracking, see the Known Issues section of the Community forums.
- Stopping AR Tag detection when it is already in a stopped state causes the computer vision service to crash, sometimes requiring a reboot to force recovery.