Greetings, Misty developers!
We’re excited to announce Misty’s next system update. This update adds new API commands for managing audio playback, as well as the ability for Misty to play (and stream!) audio directly from a URL. Other notable changes include bug fixes for shared skill data and cross-skill events, and reliability improvements to Misty’s docking station location. Be sure to see the full list of changes below.
Thanks, as always, for being an early developer for the Misty II platform. We can’t wait to see what you build!
Installing the Update
Misty receives software upgrades as over-the-air (OTA) system updates. This update will be available within the next 24-48 hours (the precise timing varies by region).
Misty automatically checks for new updates each time she boots up. As long as her battery has enough charge, she automatically installs any updates that are available. If your robot doesn’t start to install this update the next time she boots up:
- Check that Misty is connected to power or sitting on her wireless charging station.
- Try connecting Misty to the Command Center to make sure she’s still on your Wi-Fi network.
If Misty is charging and connected to the internet, you can check whether an update is available in your region by connecting Misty to the Command Center and looking at the System Updates section.
Note: Misty reboots once during a system update. During an update, Misty ignores all commands except
Stop. If Misty starts installing an update while charging, do not remove the power source until the update is finished and Misty’s eyes are fully open.
If you have issues with a system update or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums.
- Contact the Misty support team through the chat embedded in this site, or by emailing email@example.com.
Misty II - Updates
- Window IoT Core OS Version: 10.0.17134 or higher - No updates
- Android OS Version: 8.1 - No updates
- Robot Version: 22.214.171.12487
- MC Version: 126.96.36.199
- RT Version: 188.8.131.52
- Sensory Services App Version: 1.16.0
- Web-based Tools - Added controls to pause and stop audio playback.
- Misty App - No updates.
- Documentation - Updated API reference documentation for new audio playback functionality.
Added commands for pausing & stopping audio asset playback. Use the new
Added ability to play and stream audio from HTTP, HTTPS, or RTSP URLs. To play audio from a URL, pass the URL of the audio source into the
PlayAudiocommand as the value for the
Bug Fixes & Improvements
Auto Docking & SLAM
- Fixed 3D point locations for the docking station to be in the same coordinate frame as the depth sensor during docking station location.
- Improved filtering on docking station location data to improve reliability of
- Updated SLAM status APIs to provide status of docking station detection (added
- Misty’s IR cameras now automatically adjust exposure during docking station detection by default. You can manually disable automatic exposure adjustments when you issue the
Potentially Breaking: Added
Potentially Breaking: Misty’s shared skill data system no longer uses case-sensitive key string values for reading and writing data. (For example, in earlier software versions, calling
misty.Set("key", "value")updated two different pieces of data. Now, calling the methods as written in this example writes to the same data.)
- Fixed a bug where the
TriggerEventcommand failed to pass data from the user-defined payload into
Audio Playback & Recording
- Issuing a
SetDefaultVolumecommand while Misty is playing audio now changes volume for the current audio playback. Note: Issuing a
SetDefaultVolumecommand while Misty is speaking an utterance you create with the
Speakcommand does not change the volume of that utterance; however, the next
Speakcommand that Misty receives after you change the default volume will use the newly set system volume.
- Removed legacy properties from
AudioPlayCompleteevent messages. The audio metadata associated with
AudioPlayCompleteevents now only includes the filename or URL for the completed audio source.
- Fixed an issue where Misty’s tally light (the blue LED beneath her flashlight) failed to turn when Misty records audio after key phrase recognition.
- Updated summaries for event validation methods.
UnregisterEventmethod now returns a list of unregistered events in the response.
- Added controls for pausing and stopping audio playback.
- Added option to subscribe to
TextToSpeechCompleteWebSocket from the Advanced Options modal in the Sensor Data section.
The following is a list of new known issues with this release. For a comprehensive list of the issues we’re tracking, see the Known Issues section of the Community forums.
PauseAudio Issue: After you pause playback for an audio file hosted on the web (for example, an .mp3 file at an HTTP or HTTPS URL), Misty doesn’t play the file from the beginning or from the paused location when you issue a
PlayAudiocommand to resume playback. Issuing another (second)
PlayAudiocommand for that audio source after the pause will play the audio source from the beginning.