Greetings, Misty developers!
We’re pushing out another small update this week, with a new event type and updated APIs for using Misty’s onboard text-to-speech (TTS) engine. You can use these changes to manually stop a TTS utterance before it finishes playing. Additionally, you can now register listeners for text-to-speech completion events in your skills and robot applications.
Thanks, as always, for being an early developer for the Misty II platform. We can’t wait to see what you build!
Installing the Update
Misty receives software upgrades as over-the-air (OTA) system updates. This update will be available within the next 24-48 hours (the precise timing varies by region).
Misty automatically checks for new updates each time she boots up. As long as her battery has enough charge, she automatically installs any updates that are available. If your robot doesn’t start to install this update the next time she boots up:
- Check that Misty is connected to power or sitting on her wireless charging station.
- Try connecting Misty to the Command Center to make sure she’s still on your Wi-Fi network.
If Misty is charging and connected to the internet, you can check whether an update is available in your region by connecting Misty to the Command Center and looking at the System Updates section.
Note: Misty reboots once during a system update. During an update, Misty ignores all commands except
Stop. If Misty starts installing an update while charging, do not remove the power source until the update is finished and Misty’s eyes are fully open.
If you have issues with a system update or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums.
- Contact the Misty support team through the chat embedded in this site, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Release Contents TODO
Misty II - Updates
- Window IoT Core OS version: 10.0.17134 or higher - No updates
- Android OS: (8.1) - No updates
- Robot Version: 220.127.116.1176
- MC Version: 18.104.22.168
- RT Version: 22.214.171.124
- Sensory Services App Version: 1.15.1
- Web-based Tools - No updates.
- Misty App - No updates.
Documentation - Published reference docs for
TextToSpeechCompleteevent type and
- Added a new event type,
TextToSpeechComplete, that issues a message to registered listeners when Misty finishes speaking an utterance from her onboard TTS engine.
- Added a new command,
StopSpeaking, that you can use to stop a TTS utterance before it reaches completion.
There are no new known issues associated with this release. For a comprehensive list of the issues we’re tracking, see the Known Issues section of the Community forums.