Greetings, Misty developers!
This week’s system update includes new commands and event types for locating the robot’s docking station. It also gives your robot the ability to broadcast a soft access point, which makes it easier to use Misty in places where she can’t connect to a local Wi-Fi network. Be sure to check out the full list of new features, fixes, and improvements below.
Thanks, as always, for being one of Misty’s first developers. Your feedback shapes the future of robotics development platforms, and we can’t wait to hear what you think!
Installing the Update
Misty receives software upgrades as over-the-air (OTA) system updates. This update will be available within the next 24-48 hours (the precise timing varies by region).
Misty automatically checks for new updates each time she boots up. As long as her battery has enough charge, she automatically installs any updates that are available. If your robot doesn’t start to install this update the next time she boots up:
- Check that Misty is connected to power or sitting on her wireless charging station.
- Try connecting Misty to the Command Center to make sure she’s still on your Wi-Fi network.
If Misty is charging and connected to the internet, you can check whether an update is available in your region by connecting Misty to the Command Center and looking at the System Updates section.
Note: Misty reboots once during a system update. During an update, Misty ignores all commands except
Stop. If Misty starts installing an update while charging, do not remove the power source until the update is finished and Misty’s eyes are fully open.
If you have issues with a system update or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums.
- Contact the Misty support team through the chat embedded in this site, or by emailing email@example.com.
Misty II - Updates
- Window IoT Core OS version: 10.0.17134 or higher - No updates
- Android OS: (8.1) - No updates
- Robot Version: 184.108.40.20688
- MC Version: 220.127.116.11
- RT Version: 18.104.22.168
- Sensory Services App Version: 1.10.1
- Web-based Tools: Major changes listed
- Documentation for listed features will be available within 24 - 48 hours of this update.
- Major changes listed
- Misty App - No updates
- Use the
StopLocatingDockingStationcommands to toggle Misty’s docker detection capabilities.
- Register a listener for
ChargerPoseMessageevents to get the homogeneous coordinate matrix representing the docking station’s pose. You can then use dead reckoning to calculate drive commands and navigate the robot onto the charger.
- Use the
- Use the
StopWifiHotspotcommands to toggle Misty’s access point broadcast.
- Connect other devices to Misty’s access point using the network ID and password from the
currentPreSharedKeyfields in the
- Each robot has the same standard IP address -
192.168.43.1- while broadcasting WiFi. You can use this IP address to connect to Misty and issue API commands from a device connected to the robot’s access point.
- Use the
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed reversed width and height parameters for
- Added methods for several commands that already exist in Misty’s REST API, including:
- Removed unused
.NET SDK Libraries
Potentially Breaking: Renamed the following commands in Misty’s .NET SDK libraries:
Potentially Breaking: Updated the
MoveArmcommand to take an
Armenum instead of a string
Potentially Breaking: Updated
ForgetFaceswith new parameter to specify a single face to forget. Default is to forget all faces.
- Fixed an issue where the
CancelRunningSkillscommand failed to cancel the child skill properly.
- Fixed known issue with
TransitionLEDcommand, and updated
SetCurrentSlamMapcommand to work as expected.
- Updated tools to keep Misty’s IP address in the Connect field when you disconnect from Misty.
- The web page now performs a check to update the list of running skills after you cancel a skill.
- Fixed video recording interface to use correct order for chosen width and height when sending
- Added missing event types to WebSocket dropdown in Advanced Options section.
- Using the Advanced Options to unregister events without entering an event name or disconnecting from the robot now unsubscribes all event listeners.
- Updated autocomplete functionality and arguments for
New known issues are listed below. For a comprehensive list of the issues we’re tracking, see the Known Issues section of the Community forums.
- In the current software, while connected to her WiFi hotspot, Misty’s IP address does not report in the
RestartRobotcommand with a