Greetings, Misty developers!
This week’s system update fixes a handful of bugs and prepares the platform for the beta launch of Misty’s .NET SDK in a few weeks. Be sure to read the full list of changes below, and reply to this thread with questions or concerns. Thanks, as always, for being one of Misty’s first developers. Your feedback shapes future of robotics development platforms, and we can’t wait to hear what you think!
Note: We’re still looking for a few developers to test Misty’s .NET SDK before it is released. Sound interesting? Let us know!
Installing the Update
Misty receives software upgrades as over-the-air (OTA) system updates. This update will be available within the next 24-48 hours (the precise timing varies by region).
Misty automatically checks for new updates each time she boots up. As long as her battery has enough charge, she automatically installs any updates that are available. If your robot doesn’t start to install this update the next time she boots up:
- Check that Misty is connected to power or sitting on her wireless charging station.
- Try connecting Misty to the Command Center to make sure she’s still on your Wi-Fi network.
If Misty is charging and connected to the internet, you can check whether an update is available in your region by connecting Misty to the Command Center and looking at the System Updates section.
Note: Misty reboots once during a system update. All commands except
Stop are disabled while Misty is updating. If Misty starts installing an update while charging, do not remove the power source until the update is finished and Misty’s eyes are fully open.
If you have issues with a system update or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums.
- Contact the Misty support team through the chat embedded in this site, or by emailing email@example.com.
Note: This system update is only available for Misty II robots. Misty I robots will not be updated with this release. If you are a field trial developer with a Misty II prototype, you can find the firmware and software version numbers for your robot in the Field Trial section of the Community Forums.
Misty II - Updates
- Window IoT Core OS version: 10.0.17134 or higher - No updates
- Android OS: (8.1) - No updates
- Robot Version: 188.8.131.5215
- MC Version: 184.108.40.206
- RT Version: 220.127.116.11
- Sensory Services App Version: 1.6.2
- No major changes
- No major changes
- Misty App - No updates
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed a bug that caused Misty to take black/underexposed pictures when face detection or recognition is active and more than half the photographed area is obstructed by a dark object.
- Fixed a bug that caused Misty’s head to move slower. After this fix, the max speed of head movement is closer to what it was before the 2019.10.08 system update. Related, this fix resolves an issue where the clutch for Misty’s neck motors would sometimes engage when the motors were at the edge of their range of motion
- Laid groundwork for .NET skill support to ready Misty for the beta .NET SDK launch later this year. Want to try Misty’s .NET SDK before it’s released? Let us know!
New known issues are listed below. For a comprehensive list of the issues we’re tracking, see the Known Issues section of the Community forums.
- If you lift Misty by the handle on the back of her head before she is fully booted, the initial motor activity that sets Misty’s startup head position overrides the robot’s “Scruff Reflex”, causing the clutch in Misty’s neck motors to engage. To work around this, always set Misty on the ground when you power her on, and wait to pick her up until she is fully booted (i.e. her eyes are fully open).
Upcoming Breaking Changes
- On 2019-12-17T07:00:00Z, Misty will receive a system update that may break certain implementations of the