Greetings, Misty developers! We’re excited to announce the next system update for Misty II robots.
Installing the Update
Misty’s software updates are delivered as over-the-air (“OTA”) updates, and Misty checks for updates each time she boots up. This release will be available to your Misty II within the next 24-48 hours (the precise timing varies by region). If Misty doesn’t automatically download the update the next time she boots up, you can check to see if the update is available via Misty’s Command Center.
Misty reboots once during a system update. All commands except
Stop are disabled while Misty is updating. If Misty starts installing an update while she’s charging, do not disconnect her from her power source until the update is finished and her eyes are fully open.
If you have issues with a system update or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums. Mention @support in your post.
- Contact the Misty support team through the chat embedded in this site, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks, as always, for being one of the first developers for Misty II. As software on treads, the Misty platform will improve with regular updates in the weeks, months, and years to come. Your feedback shapes the platform and the future of personal robots, and we can’t wait to hear what you think!
Note: This system update is only available for Misty II robots. Misty I robots will not be updated with this release. If you are a field trial developer with a Misty II prototype, you can find the firmware and software version numbers for your robot in the Field Trial section of the Community Forums.
Misty II - Updates
- Window IoT Core OS version: 10.0.17134 or higher - No updates
- Android OS: (8.1) - No updates
- Robot Version: 184.108.40.206
- MC Version: 220.127.116.11
- RT Version: 18.104.22.168
- Sensory Services App Version: 1.3.0
- The first draft of the Navigation Module will be available as of today’s release. Users can access that page via the Launch Navigation Module link in the Navigation section of the Command Center. This page is under active development, so the layout and functionality is subject to change
- No major changes
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- MoveHead command has new argument - Duration(Time)!
- Fixed scaling for the fisheye image in Command Center
- New mapping page
- Deprecated the use of our LightClient, in favor of the standard fetch
- Updated charging cutoff such that a powered-on robot will always charge when on the wireless charging pad
- Improved Misty VS Code extension functionality
- Can upload and upload + start a skill directly from VS Code
- Robot IP address is persisted across work sessions
New Known Issues
- VoiceRecognition event is not listed in response from API/WebSocket
- Missing/broken link image in the confirmation email after a user signs up to use the Misty App
For a comprehensive list of current known issues, see the Known Issues section of the Community forums.