Greetings, Misty developers! We’re excited to announce the next system update for Misty II robots. This update includes various bug fixes and improvements, including enhancements to Misty’s hazards system, upgrades for more consistent IMU initialization, and better battery reporting. Read on to learn more!
Installing the Update
Misty’s software updates are delivered as over-the-air (“OTA”) updates, and Misty checks for updates each time she boots up. This release will be available to your Misty II within the next 24-48 hours (the precise timing varies by region). If Misty doesn’t automatically download the update the next time she boots up, you can check to see if the update is available via Misty’s Command Center.
Misty reboots once during a system update. All commands except
Stop are disabled while Misty is updating. If Misty starts installing an update while she’s charging, do not disconnect her from her power source until the update is finished and her eyes are fully open.
If you have issues with a system update or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums. Mention @support in your post.
- Contact the Misty support team through the chat embedded in this site, or by emailing email@example.com.
Thanks, as always, for being one of the first developers for Misty II. As software on treads, the Misty platform will improve with regular updates in the weeks, months, and years to come. Your feedback shapes the platform and the future of personal robots, and we can’t wait to hear what you think!
Note: This system update is only available for Misty II robots. Misty I robots will not be updated with this release. If you are a field trial developer with a Misty II prototype, you can find the firmware and software version numbers for your robot in the Field Trial section of the Community Forums.
Misty II - Updates
- Window IoT Core OS version: 10.0.17134 or higher - No updates
- Android OS: (8.1) - No updates
- Robot Version: 188.8.131.52
- MC Version: 184.108.40.206
- RT Version: 220.127.116.11
- Sensory Services App Version: 1.1.1
- No updates
Bug Fixes & Improvements
GetLogFileresponse data to start with log data from the current day (or the specified date, if one exists), and to include up to 3MB of data from log files up to 14 days old.
- Improved consistency of battery level reporting.
- Fixed an issue that prevented image uploading from working consistently.
- Enhanced hazards system to improve the reliability of cliff detection. We’ve also added a new hazard state (
ExcessiveSpeedHazard) that triggers when Misty’s angular velocity exceeds safe thresholds, typically as the result of the IMU failing to initialize.
- Modified the drive system to prevent an issue where Misty would sometimes suddenly drive in reverse when issued a
- Improved the reliability of IMU initialization when Misty boots up.
New Known Issues
- The Command Center fails to issue a successful request when using the Follow Path controls to attempt to have Misty to track to a location on an existing map.
- Misty throws an exception when attempting to invoke
For a comprehensive list of current known issues, see the Known Issues section of the Community forums.