Welcome, Misty I Developers!
This release is for Misty I CAN bus robots. It contains some new features as well as enhancements and changes to current capabilities. You can use either the Companion App or the API Explorer to perform an OTA (over the air) update of your Misty robot.
Important: Please keep Misty plugged in for the entire duration of the update and do not attempt to send commands to her during this time.
As always, we look forward to your feedback!
Note: If you have issues with a system upgrade or need technical assistance for other reasons, for the quickest response you can:
- Post a message to the Support category here in the Community forums.
- Mention @support with your post.
- Post a message in MistyCommunity Slack in the technical_support channel.
- Windows IoT Core OS: No updates - current version is 10.0.17134
- Android OS: No updates
- HomeRobot app: version 126.96.36.199
- Motor Controller (MC) firmware: version 188.8.131.52
- Real Time (RT) Controller firmware: version 184.108.40.206
- Occipital Structure Core firmware: No updates - current version is 0.7.7
- Sensory service app: version 220.127.116.11
- iOS: No updates - current version is 1.1.103
- Android: No updates - current version is 1.1.0 (94)
- No updates
Documentation (major changes listed)
- Updates only, no major changes
- Ability to control the volume of Misty’s audio via both the API (
PlayAudioClipcommands) and Blockly (
- Web server updates to enable better security, higher performance, and uploading of multi-part data.
- Changes to websocket data formats for face detection and face recognition data. For skills using face detection or recognition, you should now subscribe to the
ComputerVisionwebsocket data type. The
FaceRecognitionwebsocket data connections are now deprecated. Note that the format of data returned by the
ComputerVisionwebsocket differs sightly from those of
FaceRecognition. Read the docs here for more info.
- Face training status messages are now displayed as pop-up messages in the API Explorer.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed issue with not being able to upload image or audio clips in Firefox browsers.
- The Blockly
ChangeDisplayImageblock now accepts decimal values for the
Alphaparameter, allowing images to have gradations of transparency between completely transparent and completely opaque.
- Increased the duration before timeout in Blockly to allow for processing of large uploaded files.
- Issues with the speed/reliability of data coming from the Occipital Structure Core depth sensor’s USB connection are causing the robot to have issues with successfully obtaining pose.
- The covering for the time-of-flight sensors can create false positives for close distance detection, which causes the robot to refuse to move. A workaround is to force the robot to detect a further distance by standing in front of it.
- The battery charger will only charge the robot if it is replugged into the robot after each time that the robot is turned on.
- Inconsistent behavior with the
LocomotionTrackAPI command when attempting to drive the robot backward.
- Observed issues with consistently receiving data for websocket subscriptions. Rebooting the robot seems resolves this issue.