Last Updated 12/11/2017
Misty Robotics, Inc. (“Misty Robotics”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) provides the website located at www.mistyrobotics.com including all of its webpages and subpages (collectively, the “Site”) and may provide software that can be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet to access our services (each a “Mobile Applications”). The Site, the Mobile Applications, and the online and offline services which Misty Robotics provides to you in connection with the Site and Mobile Applications, including the ability to monitor and control Misty Robotics hardware products (“Products”), are referred to as the “Services”.
- the personal information we collect and how we collect it;
- how we use and disclose the personal information;
- how we protect your personal information;
- our practices regarding the information of children;
- third party data practices;
- how you can access and change the personal information we store about you; and
- how you can contact us with any questions or concerns.
We gather information about you and your household in connection with the use of our Products and Services. In general, you can visit our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We may track your visit for trends and statistics, but you will remain anonymous unless you tell us who you are. However, in order to control, access, monitor, or otherwise use Misty Robotics Products and Services, you may need to create an account for the Services (your “Account”). Once you create an Account or otherwise provide us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us.
The following are the types of information we collect:
Information you give us: We receive and securely store the information you provide to us when you register an Account or use the Services such as your name, email address, phone number, address, credit card information and any feedback, questions, or recommendations you provide. In some cases, you may be able to submit questions and comments in public areas of the Site or Mobile Application, and such information may be read, collected, and used by us and other users of the Services. If you provide information directly to us in other ways, such as by sending us an email, we may retain that information and add it with the other information we have collected from you.
Information from third parties: We may gain information about you from other sources, such as our business partner, from individuals who refer you to us, and from providers of third party products and services that integrate with our Product (“Third Party Products”). We may add this information to other information we collect from you.
Information from the use of our Services: We may receive and store certain types of information from you each time you use the Services. This type of information may include:
- Device Information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Log information.
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location.
- Recordings. Our Products may be enabled with recording devices, such as microphones and cameras. We may store recordings you’ve made using the Services in connection with your Account.
USING AND DISCLOSING INFORMATION
- To operate and improve our Services;
- To better understand your needs and provide you with more customized Service;
- To communicate with you about the Services;
- To respond to any questions or concerns that you may have;
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- To third-party contractors that provide Services to us and are contractually bound to safeguard your personal information (i.e. credit card processers);
- To our wholly-owned companies and affiliates, which may be outside the United States;
- To third parties in connection with any merger, acquisition, reorganization, change in capital structure or sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Misty Robotics;
- To third parties service providers designated by you with your express consent;
- When we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with law, protect or defend our rights or the rights of other users of our Services, or act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety; or
- Otherwise with your express consent.
We may create non-personally identifying anonymous or aggregate data from the information we collect. We may use that anonymous or aggregate data for our own purposes or disclose it to third parties in our own discretion.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we do not guarantee its absolute security. Please contact us if you have any questions about security of our Services.
PROCEDURES REGARDING CHILDREN
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us using the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use the Services or provide us with information. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertisements: Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies who may place advertisements on our Site or in our Mobile Application may use their own cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, web bugs and other technology to collect information about you. We do not control these companies’ use of such technology and we have no responsibility for the use of such technology by these companies to gather information about you.
Third Party Products: Your use of Third Party Products may enable third parties to access data and personal information about you and your use of the Services. You understand that the Products may be enabled with recording devices such as cameras and microphones, and your use of a Third Party Product may allow such third party to control such recording devices and access content that has been recorded or captured. We strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices and other policies of the applicable third party before purchasing or using its Third Party Products.
HOW TO REVIEW, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us or would like to update or change your personal information or preferences, follow the instructions below to review, modify or delete your personal information.
- To modify the information you have provided during registration, please login and update your personal settings on the Site or through the Mobile Applications.
- To unsubscribe from an email, please follow the instructions in any email you receive.
If you request your registration information be deleted or if you unsubscribe from communications, we may maintain information about sales transactions or similar inquiries for record keeping purposes.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please contact us by email at: email@example.com
If you have a data privacy complaint, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which Company has disclosed certain information collected in connection with the Services during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at email@example.com. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request and include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Please also visit our Terms of Service at https://www.mistyrobotics.com/legal/terms-of-service/ that explains other terms governing the use of our Services.